Zenith Print Group Human Rights Policy
Zenith Print Group (the Company) acknowledges, respects and commits to operating its business in a manner consistent with the Human Rights Act as well as ethical responsibility for workers rights in relation to:
- Child Labour: The Company will not employ any person under the age of 16, employees between the age of 16 and 18 years of age will be classed as “young workers” and if in education, will not be permitted to work during school hours.
- Forced and Compulsory Labour: The Company will not use or support forced/compulsory labour and will not ask for any money off new employees for employment, all employees will be issued with a contract.
- Freedom of Association and Right to Collective Bargaining: Employees are free to join a trade union of their choice and the Company will not discriminate against those engaged in worker unions.
- Discrimination: The Company will not discriminate against race, nationality or social origin, birth, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, union membership, political opinions or age, neither will the Company tolerate threatening, abusive, exploitative or bullying behavior in the workplace.
- Disciplinary Practices: The Company will treat all employees with dignity and respect and has zero tolerance of mental/physical abuse or inhumane treatment and as such has in place a disciplinary policy.
- Working Hours and Remuneration: The Company will comply with the laws and industry standards with regard to working hours and will issue all employees with a written contracts. All employees will be paid at least the legal minimum wage, sufficient to meet basic needs, wages and benefits will be clearly documented within individual employees contracts and pay slips.
- Health and Safety: The Company will provide a safe and healthy workplace with Representatives appointed to review all aspects of health and safety.
The Company understands that human rights and ethical trading is an ongoing process and have in place policies and procedures which aim at justice, equality and the general principle of fairness. It is the Company’s intention to understand the rights of employees privacy and family life, religion as well as free expression and provides information on the principles of equality through written policies and procedures which implement any such principles.
Our principles require that business is conducted with honesty and integrity in full compliance with all applicable laws, to meet this our policies and procedures establish clear guidelines on how we conduct business and establish accountability.
All employees are required to comply with standards relating to legal obligations, ethics, and business conduct.
In addition, parties contracting with the Company are also required to operate in a manner which is compliant with all applicable laws, failure to do so will result in the Company terminating association with any such party.
Senior Management will monitor and review compliance to this policy and related procedures.
Group HR Director