Zenith Print Group Human Rights Policy
Zenith Print Group (ZPG) acknowledges, respects and through its Business Principles, commits to operating its business in a manner consistent with the Human Rights Act.
The Company’s view on human rights reflects our commitment to conduct its business in a manner consistent with these principles and to protect employees human rights.
Human rights are described as being “inherent, inalienable and universal” and are:
- Inherent because they are acquired by individuals simply by reason of their birth.
- Inalienable because the rights cannot be taken away.
- Universal because they apply to all persons regardless of nationality, status, sex or race.
The Human Rights Act specifies a number of circumstances when restrictions would be justified “in the interest of national security, territorial integrity, public safety or the economic well being of the country, for the prevention of disorder or crime, to protect health or morals or for the protection of rights and freedoms of others”.
Within our organisation basic human rights under the law include:
- The Right to prohibition from torture and inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.
- The Right to prohibition from freedom from slavery or compulsory labour.
- The Right to liberty and security.
- The Right to no punishment without law and the right to a fair trail.
- The Right to protection of privacy and property.
- The right to freedom of thought, conscience, expression and religion.
- The right to freedom of assembly, association and free elections.
- The Right to prohibition of discrimination.
- The Right to education.
- The Right to prohibition of the abuse of rights.
The organisaiton understands that human rights due diligence is an ongoing process that requires particular attention at certain stages throughout our business activities and have a number of policies and procedures which aim at justice, equality and the general principle of fairness.
It is the Company’s intention that our policies are open, available, consistent and fair and we understand the rights of employees privacy and family life, religion as well as free expression and will provide information on the principles of equality as well as the policies and procedures which implement those principles.
The Company’s business principles require that our business is conducted with honesty and integrity in full compliance with all applicable laws, to meet this our policies and procedures establish clear ethical standards and guidelines for how we conduct business and establishes accountability.
All employees are required to obey the law and comply with specific standards relating to legal obligations, ethics, and business conduct.
In addition, parties contracting with the Company are also required to operate in a manner which is compliant with all applicable laws, failure to do so will result in the Company terminating association with any such party.
Senior Management will monitor and review compliance to this policy as well as related policies and procedures.